The Edge of Darkness
Dwarven Runepriest and Lamplighter
== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ==
Thurik Orinbald, level 11
Dwarf, Runepriest, Stone Keeper
Build: Wrathful Runepriest
Runic Artistry: Wrathful Hammer
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Hammer)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Holy Symbol)
Background: Divinely Inspired (+2 to Religion)
FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 22, Con 17, Dex 11, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 9.
STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 8.
AC: 26 Fort: 23 Reflex: 19 Will: 22
HP: 89 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 25
Religion +13, Insight +13, Athletics +16, History +11
Acrobatics +5, Arcana +6, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering +10, Endurance +12, Heal +8, Intimidate +4, Nature +8, Perception +8, Stealth +5, Streetwise +4, Thievery +5
Level 1: Toughness
Level 2: Versatile Expertise
Level 4: Initiate of the Faith
Level 6: Dwarven Weapon Training
Level 8: Acolyte Power
Level 10: Adept Power
Level 11: Dwarven Durability
Runepriest at-will 1: Word of Diminishment
Runepriest at-will 1: Word of Exchange
Runepriest encounter 1: Flames of Purity
Runepriest daily 1: Rune of Endless Fire
Runepriest utility 2: Shield of Sacrifice
Runepriest encounter 3: Beacon of Vengeance
Runepriest daily 5: Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Runepriest utility 6: Divine Favor (Acolyte Power)
Runepriest encounter 7: Symbol of Cowardice
Runepriest daily 9: Divine Power (Adept Power)
Runepriest utility 10: Rune of the Astral Winds
Adventurer’s Kit, Warhammer, Climber’s Kit, Hempen Rope (50 ft.), Lantern, Oil (1 pint) (4), Torch (4), Dagger (2), Throwing hammer (2), Holy Symbol, Sun Globe (heroic tier), Dwarven Scale Armor +2, Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Magic Warhammer +3, Amulet of Life +2, Hammer Shield Light Shield (heroic tier)
== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ==
Questionnaire: Thurik son of Durik, Clan Orinbald
• How would your character describe themselves before a court of their respected peers? Magic will reveal outright lies, but not subtle deceit.
I am scion of my clan and formerly served the Lamplighters of Mordentshire whom I have failed and have since renounced my membership. I desire justice and fairness in all things. I seek enlightenment through study.
• What virtues, like courage, generosity, justice, or truthfulness does your character value the most? What qualities does your character despise?
I value courage and loyalty. I despise The Darkness, its agents, and its implacable destruction.
• What is your character’s greatest strength?
• What is your character’s greatest weakness?
I am not always honest nor am I always brave.
• Ordinary people do not understand the world of magic and the supernatural—for them it is only myth and legend. However, your character understands the truth. Magic and the supernatural are real, and great evil exists in the world. Your character is a “point of light in the widespread darkness.” Describe how your character came to this revelation.
The Darkness I have seen and wish that I did not for it is the folly of all and enemy to The Light. Once I scribed my first rune, I touched upon the divine will of Ezra. The power that I have been gifted with is a bulwark against the corrupting abyss.
• Describe your character’s family? What are your parents’ like? Do you have brothers or sisters? Which family or friends do you hold most dear?
My father, Durik son of Grebig, was a loyal soldier of his clan, he was a hero and a patriot. My mother, Cilmirg daughter of Riniz, was a loyal hearthmaid of her clan, she was a protector and a visionary. All the values I hold dear, all that I have accomplished, were inspired by them whom I hold most dear. I have no siblings and lament that it is so. The rest of my clan I have not seen since we parted ways after the exodus.
• Everyone has something that is important, whether it is a ring, a sword, or a memento. What is sacred to your character? Explain why it is important.
My sword, Orintruhn, is a relic of my clan, entrusted to me when my father was killed in battle against The Darkness; it is a tribute to his spirit and my voice of wrath when noble voices have fallen upon deaf ears.
• Has your character ever killed someone? If so please describe what happened with as much detail as possible.
I was forced to flee my Cairnhold of Glostmrud in 734 when The Darkness washed over the Borcan Highlands and plague threatened to destroy my people. During my exodus, a dear cousin, Bregmik, who fled with the few of us who survived, attacked me with no provocation, his eyes were devoid of will and I had no choice but to defend myself. I do not wish to elaborate; I still see his face in my nightmares.
• Does your character have any enemies? If so, why? What happened?
I do not recall, though I am not certain there are not those who bear me ill.
• Your character is plagued by a recurring dream/nightmare. Describe the dream.
It has been addressed and I can not undo what was done.
• What is your character’s greatest regret?
To have not lived long as a servant of my clan and seen my offspring bring honor to the house of Orinbald.
• How do you want people to remember you after your death?
Yes, as selfish as it is, remembrance is immortality, and fair or foul, I wish my deeds not to pass without record or reckoning as a lesson to all those who may follow.